Stage Door: the one-man shows
NOTES: Based mainly on theatre shows, some about a particular famous actor, each show one hour and most recorded and edited with TVI facilities:
- 'Here's a Funny Thing' - a stage play about the life of Max Miller, 'the cheeky chappie' starring John Bardon, Clare Kelly, written by R.W. Shakespeare. Recorded at the Fortune Theatre, Russell Street, London. (TX 20/11/82)
- 'Groucho In Toto' - a stage play based on the life of Groucho Marx, starring Jon Rumney, with Lyn Webster and James House, written by Alec Baron. Recorded at the Shaw Theatre, Euston Road, London. (TX 11/12/82)
- 'Macready!!!' - a stage play on the life and career of the great Edwardian actor William Macready, played by and written by Frank Barrie. Recorded at the Fortune Theatre, Russell Street, London. (TX 25/08/83)
- ‘The Other Side of London’ - starring Ron Moody about villainous characters of historical London including Fagin, with Jan Ravens and Vivienne Martins, written by Ron Moody and Ronnie Cass. Recorded on location throughout London. (TX 31/12/83)
- 'Hollywood Hits Chiswick' - a play written for TV about the life of W.C. Fields, starring Derek Newark, with Caroline Quentin, Steve Gardener, Elizabeth Counsell and Julie Le Grand, written by Mike Sharland. Recorded on location, Chiswick, London. (TX 08/09/83)
- ‘Pure Libby’ - by Libby Morris. Recorded at the Shaw Theatre, Euston Road, London. (TX 04/08/83)
Commissioning Editor: Cecil Korer
Why digitise and remaster?
With renewed interest in the Bright Thoughts product particularly with the 'boomer' generation - viewers who are 45+ - there is a great potential for some shows to be digitised and remastered specifically targeted to those audiences to meet the growing demand in 'view-on-demand'.